Why You Should Schedule a Mock Interview Appointment  

As the spring semester begins, many students are reminded that summer is right around the corner. That means that recruitment for internships and jobs is currently in full throttle for Summer 2024. This is the season of job hunting and preparing for several interviews, and what better way to prepare for those interviews than to book a Mock Interview with the CMC. Whether it is your hundredth interview or your first, a Mock Interview is a great way to practice and feel more confident and prepared. Here are the top three reasons why you should consider scheduling a Mock Interview: 

1. Practice and Preparation: Mock Interviews allows you to practice common questions and get a feel for what you can expect in the real interview. It also helps practice articulating answers and how to communicate your qualifications. Muscle memory can be huge, even when speaking! 
  1. Feedback and Construction: When working with a Mock Interview Specialist, you can get feedback and help on areas of improvement. Watching the recorded video can also be great for students to take note of things they may not have noticed before. Mock Interview Specialists can also help provide structures and examples on how to answer tough questions.   
  1. Builds Confidence:  Interviewing can be super nerve-wracking, so practicing in a Mock Interview can help you feel more confident and prepared! It also allows you to get exposure to the interview process and what to expect. Another great aspect of our Mock Interview Program is that it is student led, so there is no need to feel intimidated about coming in. 

There is a saying that “interviewing is like a muscle”, which means you need to keep working it out to stay in good shape. Schedule a Mock Interview today to keep your interviewing skills in top shape!  

Student Testimonials After Scheduling a Mock Interview:  

“The specialist was very knowledgeable and gave me all the tips and tricks, I greatly appreciate this resource! He helped me to be more personable in my responses as well and helped me realize that I can provide examples not just from one job but also of schools and other experiences.” 

  “I really enjoyed the video portion of the mock interview as that was one aspect of an interview that I had never worked on before. Also, the specialist did a great job of pointing me in the right direction during the interview as well as supplying useful tips afterward. I feel more confident for my real interview now.” 

  “The Mock Interview Program is a very helpful resource that more COB students should know about.” 

  “Very useful for people who are unsure or uncomfortable about their performance in interviews.” 

  “I felt this process greatly aided me in ironing out some of the pressure-related flaws I have in the interview process. I now feel much more confident and prepared to tackle my next real interview.” 

  “The video and the feedback were extremely insightful into what I should work on before going to a real interview. The interviewer laid things out very clearly for me and made sure I understood everything before moving onto another area of focus.” 

By Emily Ho
Emily Ho